Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year New Dreams


This is the tale of one man's travel into unrealistic dreams in yet another attempt at avoiding a real midlife crisis
There is an ancient chinese curse "may you live in interesting times"
My life to this point has been full of interesting times.
I don't know that this counts as a real midlife crisis, because I already had that at the age of 27 when I bought my first "real" motorcycle and joined a bunch of crazy bikers in in a reign of terror which lasted well into my second marriage.
I now find myself yearning for the freedom I thought I had found in those wild rides and decided the only real freedom left in the world is on the open sea.
To that end I purchased a worn out twin keel sailboat on fEePay and will spend the next three years readying it and myself for a tour of the Atlantic seaboard.
I have never sailed
I do not speak Spanish
And yet I am driven ever onward
"There is no rest for the wicked"

No comments:

Post a Comment